Friday, October 21, 2011

Let the countdown begin!

Eight days. I can't believe it.
The Secret of the Keepers goes live in eight days!

I forgot this feeling. The intensity of knowing your words are going to be out there for the world to see. Words that you've written, looked over, restructured, and honed are sitting on your desktop, formatted and ready to go. The beta readers raved. The editors did too. Your critique partner and inner circle are all sure that it's a great story.

But still, doubt seeps in. 

It's times like these I wish they made Valium salt licks for authors. I know, it's a little weird, but the visual image of writers gathered around a white block makes me giggle.

I've often said it takes major kahunas to be a writer. You not only share your words, but your imagination. It's the deepest part of who you are, and knowing that there are those out there who will scoff at your beloved characters, who will criticize your writing, makes me cringe.

Izzie and I alike the feeling to running naked ....  in the sun ... in a crowd ... screaming "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!!!"

No wonder writers are slightly insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment