Tuesday, May 24, 2011

PS ... I Love You

The past few days I've been working on upcoming interviews.Most house the same standard questions, but every now and then someone throws in a curve ball. This one happened to be "What's your favorite movie, and why?"

I love movies, but I'll have to admit that every waking moment the past few years has been spent on writing. I haven't been to a movie theater in ... well, honestly, I can't remember the last time I went to a movie in the theater. And so I sat there struggling, finally going through the DVD's hidden in a cabinet under the TV. 


As I sifted through the pile,  I came across PS I Love You. The first time I watched it,  I literally sobbed to the point of making the people in front of me uncomfortable.  It is a beautiful tale of love, loss, family, friends, and finding the inner strength to move on.  It's one of those rare films that makes you laugh in the middle of tears.

The powerful emotions are one of the main factors in choosing this movie. But as I sat on the living room floor, I really thought about why I would put this one at the top of my list. And then I realized that it wasn't because of the story ... it was because of the title.

This year has brought so many changes to my life. I'm officially out of my shell and back in the world. I've met more friends than I thought possible, especially the writers who are more than willing to encourage and support. I've been given the opportunity the reach out and help those in ways that I never knew I could, and I've grown. Not only as a writer, but as a mother, a teacher, and a friend.

And so I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I appreciate you, how much you mean to me. Some I'm just getting to know, others I feel as if I've known you my whole life. For the first time in too many years to count, I feel loved.

PS ... I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment