Thursday, August 16, 2012

Throwback Thursday to August 1983

I haven't done a post like this in a while, and so in honor of schools everywhere, I thought it would be fun to do another Throwback Thursday. This time, we are traveling to the start of my Senior year, 1983.
Ah yes, the glory years of Reaganomics, when we still had astronauts in space and the USSR scared the bejeebers out of everyone by testing a nuclear bomb. This was the year when people said "as if!" or "awesome", Risky Business was the hit at the box office, and if your hair wasn't permed, colored, and sticking straight up you were considered "square".

So to everyone that's headed back to school, remember to smile even when you don't want to, be the example, and don't get stressed because in all likelihood ten years from now whatever's causing the turmoil  isn't going to matter.

So here's a little blast from my past. Let's hope when you look back you won't shake your head and mutter "I can't believe we actually looked like that".  :-)

Prince was a party hound 


Oh yeah, I had hair like this (but it was BLONDE!)


I saw this movie in the theater and blushed so hard tears streamed ... hey, I was extremely shy!


And finally,
the biggest hit of the summer of 83 was .... 


The Police with Every Breath You Take





 

No comments:

Post a Comment