Monday, September 19, 2011

An Authentic Life

I think the reason why I love Ray Bradbury so much is the fact that he truly has lived an authentic life. Most of us fall in line and do what is expected, but this man chose to go out on a limb and grab life with both hands. He is an amazing writer and even more amazing human being.

In honor of his long and distinguished career I thought I'd share my favorite video and some of my favorite quotes!
Here's one of my favorite interview snippets of his:


 Here are some of my favorite quotes:

“If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.”
― 
 “Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.”

“Love. Fall in love and stay in love. Write only what you love, and love what you write. The word is love. You have to get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for.”

 “You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance.”

“Anything you dream is fiction, and anything you accomplish is science, the whole history of mankind is nothing but science fiction. ”

“Self-consciousness is the enemy of all art, be it acting, writing, painting, or living itself, which is the greatest art of all.”

 “The television, that insidious beast, that Medusa which freezes a billion people to stone every night, staring fixedly, that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little.”

No comments:

Post a Comment