Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking forward

I've reflected 2010 in my other blog elizabethisaacs.com, and so I'd like to take a few moments on this one to talk about Kailmeyra's future.

I am now officially announcing that by the end of this month Asteria will no longer be affiliated with iuniverse. I've been chomping at the bit to make the move, but wanted to wait until the new year to do so. I have two options before me, and I hope that the one I really want pans out, but if not, we will be moving to Lighting Source. What is really exciting is that Asteria has undergone a thorough line-edit done by the fabulous Tracy Riva, and  I've tweaked some sentences that were driving me nuts (isn't it amazing how your eyes catch things in hard copy when they scan over them in digital?) 

So stay tuned, especially my European friends, because Asteria soon will be cheaper, and easier to get. Once the move is made, I'm planning a celebration with giveaways galore!

I've been off line the past three weeks finishing the first draft of The Secret of the Keepers, Kailmeyra's Strength. The story continues in the land of Kailmeyra, and I'll be honest, there were many times I held my breath while typing, wondering what could possibly happen next :-). I'm proud to say that we are right on schedule, and Keepers should be ready for its release next fall.

As we crank up for another life-changing year, I want to take a moment to thank some people.

Corina Vacarrello, you are truly the best content editor on the face of the planet and a wonderful friend. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to Gavin and Nora. Asteria would have never made it to print without you. 

Hope Collier, Italia Trent, Mindy Ruiz, Regan Coomer, Jennifer Sprague, Jamie Slack, Cry Havoc Reviews, Jonathan Weyer, Tracy Riva, Rick Dean, Brandi Kosiner, Trisha Wolfe, Lorna Suzuki, Megan Curd, Jeremy Soldevilla and Don Odom, Laura Shultz,  and a myriad of others, it's hard to believe that we've only known each other for less that 8 months.  For some, I feel like I've known you my whole life, others, I look forward to getting to know you better.  Thank you so much for your kind words, advice, understanding, and support. It is because of you that this truly has been the greatest year of my life.

Here's to 2011, may it be full of promise, love, success, and fulfillment!
Happy New Year!
Beth

4 comments:

  1. Aww-- thank you so much for the shoutout. It is gonna be a great year, I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Hey, let me know if there is a book show close to you, and I'll see if we can't come. I'd love to sit down and chat, and who knows, maybe I'll kidnap Hope and Italia ... It would be great to take a road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am rooting for you big time! Thanks for the awesome shoutout! I know that this year is going to bring wonderful things for you, Nora, and Gavin =D Can't wait till I can hang with them again, too!

    ReplyDelete